Friday, February 24, 2012

Periodic Life Nails

Having taught Science for three years and always a Science enthusiast, I love making some nerdy Science nails.  Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, and Oxygen are four of the top elements needed for life so I added their periodic table squares to my nails.   Lithium (Li) and Iron (Fe) are handy enough to spell out "LiFe."  This throws me back to high school chemistry but I have to share...the way to remember that Iron is Fe is that Iron is very "eff eee" or "heavy."  ;0)



5 comments:

  1. OMG you should try to draw out an atom diagram or a chemical compound! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tawny, I have a set of DNA nails that I'm developing right now ;0) Stay tuned for more Science nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Bio grad here, and I love the idea of using the Periodic Table! :D

    ReplyDelete